Book of the Dead Anthology 2018
Eligibility and entry rules
Please read these eligibility and entry rules before beginning the online entry process. Submission of an entry is taken as acceptance of the entry rules.
For any entry or eligibility queries not covered below, please email email@example.com for clarification before submitting an entry.
Opening date: 1 October 2017
Closing date: Entries must be emailed by 20th December 2017. No entries will be considered if submitted after this date.
All entries will be read by a panel of writers and ghost tour operatives led by award winning author J.A. Henderson. The best entries will be selected for publication
The competition is open to anyone aged 18 years or over.
1. Entries must be made by the writer.
2. Entries will only be accepted online.
3. The deadline for receipt of entries is 20th December 2017.
4. Up to three entries per person may be submitted for Book of the Dead.
5. The story must be the entrant’s own work.
6. The story must be original and should not have been published anywhere in full or in part before. Published work is taken to mean published in any printed, publicly accessible form, e.g. anthology, magazine, newspaper. It is also taken to mean published online, with the exception of personal blogs and personal websites.
7. Entries should be submitted in English.
8. Entries must be 800 words minimum, 10,000 words maximum.
9. Entries should be uploaded as a Word document. Please save your document as a word file and use the title of the story as the file name. If it is not possible to save the entry as a Word document, it may be uploaded as a PDF document, with the file name in the same format as above. The first page should include the name of the story and the number of words.
10. The author’s details should be included in a separate attachment. All entries are judged anonymously.
11. All entries should be submitted in Times New Roman or Arial 12 point font and double line spacing. All pages should be numbered and include a header with the title of the story.
12. All entries must have some sort of horror, suspense, dark or supernatural theme.
13. The story may be adult or young adult (but not children’s) fiction. Poetry is also accepted.
14. Entrants agree as a condition of entry that Black Hart may publicise the fact that a story has been entered or included in the anthology.
15. Worldwide copyright of each story remains with the writer. Black Hart will have the unrestricted right to publish the winning stories in an anthology and for promotional purposes.